HPLC Tubing And Fittings HPLC Peek Tubing Id 1/16″ X 0.010″ (0.25mm) X Per Mtr
uHPLCs supplies an extensive range of chromatography PEEK tubing in all materials to cater for the many applications used in today’s laboratories. Tubing is available as pre-cut lengths for immediate use and in coils for those laboratories which have a higher demand.
- MATERIAL: PEEK
- LENGTH: per mtr
- TUBE OD: 1/16″
- TUBE ID: 0.010″ (0.25mm)
- COLOUR: Natural
- PACK SIZE: per mtr
Features and Applications:
Peek tubing is a type of tubing that is widely used in HPLC systems due to its excellent chemical and mechanical properties. Peek tubing is made from polyetheretherketone, a thermoplastic polymer that is resistant to high temperatures, harsh chemicals, and high pressures. Here are some of the key features and applications of Peek tubing for HPLC systems:
Features of Peek Tubing
Peek tubing is highly resistant to chemicals, making it suitable for use with a wide range of solvents and reagents that are commonly used in HPLC systems.
1. Peek tubing is non-reactive and does not introduce impurities into the sample, ensuring the accuracy and reliability of analytical results.
2. Peek tubing is flexible and easy to handle, making it easy to install and work with.
3. Peek tubing has a high temperature resistance, allowing it to withstand high temperatures without degrading or losing its mechanical properties.
4. Peek tubing is highly durable and has a long service life, reducing the need for frequent replacements.
Applications of Peek Tubing
5. Peek tubing is commonly used in HPLC systems for the transfer of solvents and samples between various components, such as the pump, injector, and detector.
6. Peek tubing is also used in column switching systems, where it provides a reliable and leak-free connection between different columns.
7.Peek tubing is suitable for use in both analytical and preparative HPLC systems, making it a versatile choice for a wide range of applications.
8. Peek tubing is also used in other laboratory applications, such as for the transfer of gases or liquids in microfluidic devices.
In summary, Peek tubing is a highly versatile and reliable choice for HPLC systems due to its excellent chemical and mechanical properties, as well as its wide range of applications. Its resistance to harsh chemicals and high temperatures, combined with its flexibility and durability, make it an ideal choice for laboratory applications where accuracy and reliability are critical.
FAQ of HPLC Amino NH2 HPLC Column
PEEK tubing is a popular choice for High-Performance Liquid Chromatography (HPLC) due to its chemical resistance, excellent mechanical properties, and low extractable levels.
PEEK tubing is available in a range of sizes, including 1/32″, 1/16″, and 1/8″ outer diameters. Inner diameters can range from 0.003″ to 0.040″ depending on the outer diameter selected.
PEEK tubing can be cleaned using a variety of methods, including sonication in a solvent, flushing with a cleaning solution, or heating in an oven. It is important to avoid using harsh chemicals that may damage the tubing or leave behind residues that could interfere with sample analysis.
PEEK tubing can withstand temperatures up to 200°C (392°F) without melting or degrading.
PEEK tubing offers several benefits for HPLC applications, including:
- Chemical resistance to a wide range of solvents and acids
- Excellent mechanical properties, including high tensile strength and toughness
- Low extractable levels for minimal interference with sample analysis
- Compatibility with a range of detector types, including UV and mass spectrometry
PEEK tubing should be stored in a cool, dry place away from direct sunlight. It is recommended to store tubing in its original packaging until ready for use.
PEEK tubing is biocompatible and is suitable for use in many biomedical applications, including medical devices and implants.